Thursday, January 1, 2009

Mystery and Quilts!

Happy New Year!!!! It has been such a great day so far, so much accomplished. :D
I took this quilt out of the machine, all quilted, and have the binding ready to sew on.

I worked on my new project for a bit and this is the next step in the piecing process. I am really liking how it is turning out and it does go relatively quickly. That I really like!
I decided to get a new quilt in the machine that I will be quilting. It is a beautiful Old Tobacco Road quilt that belongs to Tyler Rose. She does beautiful work and I am honored to be the one to quilt this one. I like to put a quilt in and let it sit a day to "rest". You know how deep the creases can be in batting, well, I have found that if I let it "rest" a day they appear to me to not be quite so bad. Isn't it wonderful?!

Last but not least, I am finally getting to cut out the "Quiltville" mystery. Doing these mysteries has really opened up new horizon's for me as far as all the cool rulers one can use. I LOVE the Easy Angle ruler! It has saved me so much fabric, in my opinion, and that means more quilts! I always love to see what others come up with in their fabric choices too.

Tonight the group of us that went to Canada last summer are getting together for dinner and we are going to give the "Bear Quilt" tonight to Chris. I have my camera ready to go for pictures, I just hope he won't be too bashful! :D

7 comments:

Julie said...

I can't wait to watch your mystery quilt progress. I have chosen to opt out on this one so have to enjoy it vicariously through others.

scraphappy said...

You have so many project in the works. What fun to watch them all come together. I'm looking forward to the mystery as well. I have yet to be disappointed.

Lurline said...

Oh, such a busy Girl and all is looking great!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Julianne said...

I love the look of your new project. Is it the mystery?

Quilter Kathy said...

Happy New Year!
Can't wait to see your DD blocks!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Isn't Jan's Tobacco Road great! I can't wait to see it end of this month when she comes!

Jan said...

TY for the warm fuzzy comment. The quilt looks great in the machine. Can't wait! Working on the new mystery and you are way ahead of me. Hope to catch up this weekend. Your projects are really coming along. Looking forward to seeing the completion.