Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cold-Cold-Cold

It is sooo cold, the thermometer outside the elevator here says -10. The wind is blowing, not too hard in town but it was on the way over. Hubby has our dog with him today, running errands and doing what he needs to do. The pix here is of the Library here in the town I work in. It looks like a ghost town today. See how cold and desolate the elevator looks in the picture below? Not much going on here today. They are picking up one of the big ground piles out at the west elevator, and have been doing it all week. It takes a long time to haul all that grain into the elevator, I sure wouldn't want to be doing that job today! I am looking forward to going home and sewing on my DD. I did some ironing of pieces and cut up some strips to work on more 9 patches this evening. Knowing what is waiting for me at home keeps me going through days like this when it is quiet. Stay warm!

4 comments:

Jan said...

Those are beautiful pictures. Doesn't look cold...but I believe ya.
Did I tell you I had all my 3 1/2" blocks for DD made. Just have to put them together when I get there. Counting the hours till I join you in cold country.
Funny!!! My word verification is COMIN (Come In) good advice

Amy said...

I'm guessing the local schools were closed then? We were today AND we are already closed for tomorrow. (Tickers on the news and Instant messaging phone calls are SO wonderful!) Hang in there----the wind should be breaking for us around noon tomorrow!

Did you get some sewing in? Gotta love that "quiet" time......

Jean said...

Love the snowy pix, they look so serene. We were at -15 in Iowa this morning...but we had school. I was surprised! It is warming up to 20 tomorrow! woohoo!

BTW, you've been tagged! Check my blog for details!

Sara said...

Don't you just hate this cold. Its in the negative teens here. I am so ready for it to be over with!!