Monday, June 9, 2008

Dresden Plate Quilt


I have had inquiries about the Dresden Plate quilt on my last blog and so I thought I would give a few of the particulars. The quilt is 72" X 88". It was hard to get a good pix of the full length so the side view is the best I could do. If you notice the corner blocks they look a little strange but I wanted to use as many of the blades that were cut as I could and still put them in the corners. I do hope my Grandmother would be proud the quilt she started was finished and is being passed on to future generations.

I wanted show the final border on my OC quilt. I folded the quilt since it is also too big to get a good pix but you get the idea. After it is quilted it will be bound in the dark green fabric.





3 comments:

Candace said...

Both quilts are beautiful, and as Emeril would say "you kicked them up a notch". I'm sure your grandmother would be proud and the OC is really nice.

Debbi said...

I like the border on your OC. I had a hard time seeing the pattern in your OC...I think it's the subdued colors...looks very nice!

Amy said...

*GASP!* The Dresden is beautiful! I have always wanted to make one with 30's fabrics, but don't know when/if I ever will. What a classic!!! And like Candace said, you have made your Grandmother proud!