Monday, June 13, 2011

An Old Friend

It has been a busy summer this year, family get togethers, weddings, hooking up with old friends, etc. It has also been fun hooking up with quilts that I haven't finished, but started many years ago. The one below is one of them. I started this quilt while in Paducah with friends. One of the girls had taken a class with the designer, Edyta Star, and taught a group of us how to make the blocks. It was fun but I had put it away and not finished it until yesterday.


I will always treasure this quilt. It is filled with fun, laughter, and memories of a wonderful trip to a quilt show in Paducah!



7 comments:

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Oh my, Carol. That block looks intimidating! Amazing finish :0)

Lori said...

It is a lovely quilt and the best ones bring back fun memories of making it!!

Paula said...

It sure looks difficult. Congrats on the finish! :)

Wonky Girl said...

Truly a treasure in many ways :)

kathy said...

Wow--Carol, It turned out beautiful. Yes, I remember your frustration that day! Well you made lemonade out of the lemons!

Magnolia Bay Quilts said...

That's just gorgeous! The blocks look really complicated.

Angela said...

That is beautiful, Carol! I love the colors!