Monday, June 13, 2011

An Old Friend

It has been a busy summer this year, family get togethers, weddings, hooking up with old friends, etc. It has also been fun hooking up with quilts that I haven't finished, but started many years ago. The one below is one of them. I started this quilt while in Paducah with friends. One of the girls had taken a class with the designer, Edyta Star, and taught a group of us how to make the blocks. It was fun but I had put it away and not finished it until yesterday.


I will always treasure this quilt. It is filled with fun, laughter, and memories of a wonderful trip to a quilt show in Paducah!



7 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my, Carol. That block looks intimidating! Amazing finish :0)

Lori said...

It is a lovely quilt and the best ones bring back fun memories of making it!!

Paula said...

It sure looks difficult. Congrats on the finish! :)

Wonky Girl said...

Truly a treasure in many ways :)

kathy said...

Wow--Carol, It turned out beautiful. Yes, I remember your frustration that day! Well you made lemonade out of the lemons!

Kim Brackett said...

That's just gorgeous! The blocks look really complicated.

Angela said...

That is beautiful, Carol! I love the colors!