Monday, December 29, 2008

Back to Quilting!

Now that Christmas is over, it is back to the sewing room to sew-sew-sew. I have some starts and finishes to show. The quilt below is the wonky star quilt that I have had done but not quilted. I finished the binding before Christmas and decided I had better post a picture before I forgot. I really like how it turned out. On Saturday after my daughter headed back to Ohio, I made a trip to the quilt shop and used up some of my gift certificates I received from Santa. He was so good to me! I love the FQ's and the jelly roll. I have no plans for them right now but until then I will enjoy looking at them. :D

I started a new project this weekend also. Hubby and I have had terrible colds and so I spent all Sunday afternoon cutting out and sewing this new quilt. Below are the different components and the backing fabric. With all the "Merry & Bright" fabrics and FQ's I have, I will have made 2 quilts and a wall hanging by the time I am done. I still want to make myself a table runner too.














I am looking forward to Bonnie's New Year Mystery. It is so much fun to see what others are doing and all the different fabric choices. What a great way to start the New Year don't you think?

11 comments:

Jan said...

OOOHHH! Like that fabric. Can't wait to see what you do. Have you chosen your fabrics for the mystery. I have posted mine on my blog, however, I purchased a gold coordinating fabric today to go with it. Can't wait.

Unknown said...

My goodness you are busy. I thought about doing the pay it forward with you but I didn't know if I could find three people willing to participate. I look forward to seeing what you come up with and what you receive.

Lurline said...

Lovely quilt! Mmmm, so many of the Girls have visited quiltshops since Christmas - lucky ducks! Have fun with your Mystery Quilt - still not sure if I'll participate!
Hugs - Lurline!

Julia said...

You are a busy girl!..
Lovely quilt...I'm still thinking whether I'll do Bonnie mystery or not...
So much to do!
Julia ♥

Lynn said...

Love those fabrics. Isn't quilting just the best?

Julie said...

Your quilting is beautiful. I can't wait to see what you do with that fabric.

Anonymous said...

ohhh I love the star quilt and the quilting looks great.

cheers
Christine

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I love your wonky stars! I"ve always wanted to make one, but just never did it. I have to find some of that merry and bright fabric. Wonder if I can still find a charm pack?

Carol said...

Love your Wonky Star quilt...the quilting is perfect! Can't wait to see the Merry and Bright grow into a quilt.

Browndirtcottage said...

W-E-L-L....I'm just 'In Love' with your star quilt...really, really wonderful.....still deciding if i'm going to participate in the 'mystery' quilt on new years...i sure like that apple green and red fabric you showed too!!

Amy said...

The quilting looks like perfection on your Wonky Stars. Just out of curiosity, how long have you had your LA? The fabric on the fight (FQ's?) look like 30's fabrics, yes? Fun, fun, fun.....