Saturday, August 2, 2008

Fun Mail

It was a great day from the mail man today! I had pre-ordered the Woodland Bloom 10" squares and these 1/2 yard pieces from Judie Rothermel I had ordered all came today! I was so excited, it has been the best Saturday! We are leaving on vacation in a week and so I made a date with my mom to spend the day together. We had a wonderful day, eating breakfast out, dropping by my cousins house for a visit and then off to the mall so I could do a little shopping for my trip. There were great sales going on so I made some wonderful purchases. We then went back to my mom's apartment to visit some more and my cousin called and we all went out to dinner together. We laughed, cried a little and had such a great time reminising. It doesn't get much better than that!

When I came home hubby was cooking his supper and had picked several tomatoes. Below is one of the wierd tomatoes that he found.


4 comments:

Candace said...

What a nice day you had today, and the fabrics are beautiful. Very odd tomato, but it looks red and delicious.

Lurline said...

Days that just happen are the best! Glad you had fun - Lurline.

Unknown said...

Fabric in the mail would seem like Christmas to me! That has got to put a smile on any quilters face.

quiltingma said...

Your quilts are beautiful. I love them all. I am new to this blogging thing so I hope I am doing it right. LOL. That is one funny looking tomato