Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Something Old

Not much quilty going on right now. I am trying to get customers quilts done before leaving on vacation in a couple of weeks and doing some piecing of a couple of different quilts.
Monday morning I came to work with the news that my boss had died unexpectedly the night before. We are all still in shock but are doing our jobs and trying to carry on knowing harvest is just around the corner. The search is on to replace him but it will never be the same and we all miss him terribly. This old quilt speaks comfort to me and that is what I need right now. This was a block exchange between 6 of us and was done in 2000-2001. We will all miss Chip, but will make him proud as we carry on.

4 comments:

Candace said...

I'm sorry for your loss. It says a lot about him that you will miss him so much.

Jan said...

What a sad time. It is always so devastating when things like this happen. Prayers are with all of you.

Unknown said...

You have my sympathy Carol. I have been praying for you, your co-workers and his family. It makes me think of our grain elevtor here and loosing one of them suddenly. Not a place my mind wants to go.

By the way, I like the quilt.

Lurline said...

Sorry for your loss, Carol ... happy you can find comfort in quilts, especially this beautiful one.
Quilty hugs - Lurline.