Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday Searching

Woke up this morning not feeling too well. When I looked in the mirror, lo and behold a cold sore had appeared overnight and my throat is sore and scratchy. I am so ready for warm weather! Anyway, I decided after trying to rest that I needed to do something productive but not too strenuous, so I went to the studio and thought I would sort through my magazine and books. I have been looking for one in particular that has a quilt in it called "Cinnamon And Nutmeg". I have a quilt kit in my cupboard and I can't find the book with that pattern in it to save my life. If anyone out there can help me out with a copy of that pattern, I would gladly swap a few FQ's for it!
I still have alot of work to do in my cupboard but I found these quilt blocks in there and decided to get them out and start working on the applique. Love to applique in the evenings, am still working on my little baskets!
I had better get back to finishing what I started. Or maybe I will just turn out the light and go lay down. Nap time wins!!!!

16 comments:

Kathy in FL said...

"Cinnamon & Nutmeg" is in the February 2009 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine. This quilt is on my "to do" list, too!
Kathy in FL
roslasky at comcast dot net

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better soon.

cheers
Christine

paulette said...

I LOVE your applique blocks!! Stunning!
Get better soon!
Paulette

StitchinByTheLake said...

Sorry you're not feeling well - applique is the perfect antidote! blessings, marlene

scraphappy said...

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Puttering in the studio is a perfect activity when energy. Those applique blocks will be so pretty when they are done, what a nice way to pass away the evenings.

Jean said...

These are so cute....can't wait to see them. Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes we just have to do that..take a nap to rejuvenate. I hope you get feeling better so you can tackle those pretty blocks soon.

Julie said...

I can't wait to see these blocks completed!!

Lurline said...

Happy stitching and get well soon!
Hugs and best wishes - Lurline♥

Vivian said...

Did you find the Cinnamon & Nutmeg pattern in the Feb '09 AP&Q magazine? If not, I can hunt for mine. Looks like you have a lot of projects to keep you busy.
Hope you're feeling better soon.

Angela said...

I dont know what magazine/book that pattern is in, but *Cinnamon and Nutmeg* is a lovely name - sounds warm and yummy! :o)
Hope you are feeling better! I am ready for winter to be over too, Jimmy keeps asking if he can go outside to ride his *bike*, he just doesnt get this winter thing yet!

Kim Brackett said...

I love your applique block patterns. I've been agonizing over whether to get her "Applique Affair" patterns. I just love her stuff!

PatchworkRose said...

Just love those applique patterns. You will have a lot of fun relaxing and stitching those. Do get well soon. Cold sores are not nice
Take Care and be kind to yourself
Cheers
Lynne

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Is this the one you are looking for? It looks like you can get the pattern online.
http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/magazines/americanpatchworkquilting/color-options-feb09_14.html

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Here's a picture that is in the Feb 2009 issue of AP&Q, so you can see if this is the one you wanted.
http://sewuniquecreations.com/SewUniqueCreationsBlog/?p=235

Hope you feel better soon.

antique quilter said...

love those quilt blocks, I was thinking of doing those too.
hope you find the pattern soon and oh love that lunch box in the picture!!!! did you make that quilt?
hope your feeling better
Kathie