Sunday, January 10, 2010

Quilting A PIF Quilt!

Isn't this a wonderful quilt! Stunning is a better description! I have seen pix of these types of wonderful quilts and they don't do them justice. Now that I have seen one up close there is no way I would have the patience to accomplish this task.
I am using an overall pattern called "Plumage" and gold thread and it is going to be so cool when done!! Do you think I could keep it??? LOL
I guess I will just have to break down and make my own! Happy Sunday!!

9 comments:

Angela said...

That is a beautiful quilt! The quilting in gold is just perfect! I am sure the gal that you are quilting it for will be thrilled! :o)

scraphappy said...

I was amazed at how quickly Amy got this one put together. I'm so glad that you are quilting it for her. The thought of pushing that through a domestic sewing machine is a little frightening.

Lurline said...

Gorgeous indeed! So many little squares - I am sure you will finish it off beautifully!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Magnolia Bay Quilts said...

Great scrap quilt! You must be having fun quilting that one. I love looking at all the different fabrics.

Jan said...

I'm with you. Love those quilts but not sure my patience would hold out. It is going to finish up a beauty

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

**((exciting squeal))**
GOLD THREAD!!!! COOOOOL! I wouldn't have thought of that----I can't wait!!!!
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you!

Jean said...

It is beautiful but too many tiny squares for me. You go ahead though, I will cheer you on! Be sure to post a pic of the finished quilting.

Frauke said...

quor Quilts are all an inspiration for me, wonderfull these colours
Frauke

HalFink said...

Drive carefully. It is not only cars that can be recalled by their Maker. ....................................................