Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Old Tobacco Road Quilt

Another Quiltville Mystery has begun and I love the ones I have seen so far so I finally got started cutting mine out. I am using the leftover fabric from my Orange Crush quilt and adding FQ's from the Pumpkin Gone Wild stack that I have. I am really liking the way it is looking so far.


I have got a good start on the pinwheels last evening and worked on them again this morning. If I have learned nothing else since doing the Quiltville Mysteries, learning to use the Easy Angle ruler was a blessing! I get almost perfect HS triangles every time and there is no waste, which is great with the price of fabric these days. Thanks Bonnie!!!
These are the stacks I did this morning before work. I just zipped right through them. :D

I look forward to each step in the process and will post pictures again when the whole quilt is done. I pre-ordered Bonnie's book yesterday and am looking forward to more great scrappy quilts in the future. Again, thanks for all your work Bonnie, it is greatly appreciated!

6 comments:

Jan said...

Your fall colors are great. I have never been into those colors until recently and now I seem to be doing them all the time. Have #1 clue done on Tobacco Road and plan to work on #2 today. These mysteries are so much fun.

em's scrapbag said...

Your fabrics are great. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Looking wonderful!

Tamara Lund D.C. said...

Me too. I love using the easy angle ruler I have tried to use it on other patterns too. Your OTR will look great, I love your colors.

Julia said...

Your colours will be perfect for OTR...I'm giving this mystery a miss this time, but perhaps I will do it later on.
I too love using the easy angle ruler, how did I ever manage without it!

Lurline said...

Your OTR is looking great - love the colours. Too late for me to start this one - I found the angle ruler is great, too.
Hugs - Lurline.