Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mission Trip

What a great experience! I really enjoyed going to Joplin, MO and working out of the Grace Baptist Church to help victims. Our group built storage sheds out of lumber and set them at people's property so they would have storage to put their things. Below is a pix of me at the church parking lot waiting for more orders.

It was HOT there, one afternoon got up to 115 degrees and the humidity was horrendus, but that didn't stop the work that had to be done. I also helped in the kitchen at the church, they fed the workers every day. It was fun serving them and so I got to see quite a few volunteers that way. I can not stress enough how much the people there are so gracious and still thank God for what they do have. They have set a wonderful example for us all, and I do ask that you all keep these people in your prayers!




4 comments:

Rhonda M said...

What a wonderful thing for the folks of Joplin and also for you. I truly believe the giver gets as much blessing as those who receive. I am sure this will stay with you forever.

Angela said...

I'm sure the heat and hard work does not diminish the joy of cheerful service. Hugs to you for doing this! Prayers to those in Joplin!

Lori said...

I'm sure your hard work was appreciated. What an awesome way to give to others.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I have family in Joplin. God bless you for volunteering! :)