Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Secret Santa @ More!

I joined the Secret Santa Swap this year and had alot of fun making my gift that I sent. The recipient received it and I checked out her blog toady and she had a picture of herself with the little quilt I made. I am so happy that it arrived safely and that she liked it!
Below is the gifts I received from Maria in Australia! I absolutely love everything I received, and by they way I already ate the chocolate!! I will be using my tablerunner and glass mats for years to come, thank you so much!!!!

My next pix is of my fabrics I have picked out to do Bonnie Hunter's new mystery. I am a little late getting started but had to finish my daughter's quilt first. I will post a pix of it when it is quilted. :D I am thinking I am going to love this mystery quilt, using alot of my leftover favorite fabrics!



This next pix is of my grandaughter. She came in while my daughter was home (her Aunt Jess) and did some sewing on her quilt she is making. She also is helping her Aunt Jess make scalloped corn, what an experience it was. She and her aunt made quite a mess !


But that is ok, the scalloped corn was awesome!! I think I will have her come in and do some more practicing!

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving and is looking forward to Christmas!!!

8 comments:

Linda said...

What an awesome secret santa swap! So cool it came all the way from Australia! Love your gifts too. I really like the fabrics you've picked for the mystery. I may still join too. Looks like so much fun. Looks like your family had a good time!!

Robin said...

The fabrics you've picked out to do "Roll roll cotton boll by Bonnie Hunter, are really nice. I'm doing it too but my fabrics are deffinitely last century's stash. I need to use up what I have. It's going to be fun.

scraphappy said...

So glad you are joining in the mystery. Your fabrics look great together. I know it will make a stunning quilt.

Jess Schriner said...

The "scalloped corn" sure tasted like pun'kin cheesecake :)
xoxo

Paula said...

I like your table runner, I just finished the same one, but I used country looking fabric.

You should enter this into my sewing challenge blog here at, Paula's Sewing Challenges, and you could win a little something, something.

Hope to see you there soon.
Cheers,
Paula

StitchinByTheLake said...

I just love exchanges, any kind. :) I seldom do them any more because it seems I run out of time before I get started! But I enjoyed seeing yours - what a treasure that will be. blessings, marlene

LuAnn said...

The scalloped corn looks delicious. Love the fabrics you've picked out to do the Bonnie Hunter mystery. This is my first one of hers, and I'm trying to keep up.

Pam said...

Love the fabrics you picked for the mystery quilt. The table runner and coasters are beautiful and will look great on your holiday table.