Sunday, October 11, 2009

Saturday Fun

Since it was too wet for the farmers to be in the field yesterday, hubby and I went and got groceries and I had to make a stop at one of my favorite quilt shops. FQ's was what I needed, so here are a few that I picked up. Don't know what will become of these, but that is ok, I will find the right project this winter for them. Now these I will use to finish up my applique quilt with. I have had a hard time lately trying to find the really small printed 30's fabric and then I came across these. This should work just fine.
It is early here and still dark outside. After church I will be finishing up machine quilting a quilt for a friend that will be given to a woman's shelter and then after I get her other one loaded I will be working or Sherman's March. Just about have all the blocks done. I am getting so excited to get it finished!
Hope your Sunday is everything you want it to be! Hugs :D

14 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Those are great.....i love FQ's...so much you can do with them!!

Enjoy.....LindaMay

LINDA BYLSMA said...

Love your new fall blog look!

Jean said...

Pretty fabrics, did you guys get snow yesterday? We had about 5"...crazy for Oct. 10!

Anonymous said...

Those fabrics will soon be something even prettier...enjoy!!

Kim Brackett said...

You picked up some great fabrics! That Christmas line is too cute. And those 30s prints weree a good find.

Your new blog background is very nice. And the quilt in the header is gorgeous!

Amy said...

Oooooooooooo! Those FQ's are lovely (and look quite Christmas-y). Can't wait to see the final 30's quilt finished.

sewprimitive karen said...

Ooh, nice fabrics. It is hard to find good 30s fabrics sometimes. They often have so much white in them I'm afraid they won't show up in the blocks.

sewfunquilts said...

30's repros are my thing. Looks like you found some good ones. Have fun!

Angela said...

I *love* the Christmas FQs. I am really into Christmas fabrics right now... :o)

Rosa said...

Love your new christmas fabrics.I`m working into a christmas projects now.

Jan said...

Can't believe you. You are one busy girl. Love those 30 prints. Going to make scrap baby quilt out of a bunch I have left. Haven't done much since camp so your blog is inspiring
me to get started again.

Linda Lee said...

Love all those fat quarters! The Christmas prints will be fun to create with and I really like the 30's prints! I think you and I would have a great time fabric shopping together! We had the ground covered with snow in Northern Wisconsin Saturday morning on our fall leaves, corn and beans!

Julia said...

I love 30's repros..they are my thing too. can never have enough..
Have fun with them Carol..
Julia ♥

Heather said...

Beautiful! You'll be sewing up a storm with all those new FQs. Fun!

Love your fall blog "decor!"