Monday, June 1, 2009

Houses & Baby Quilt

I was so excited this week, I received my houses from a swap I was in. Thanks go to "Humble Quilter" for collecting the blocks and sending them out to us. I love them and look forward to putting them into a quilt. Ladies, I love them all!


This weekend I finished quilting another quilt for our Quilting Ministry at church. I love the colors in this one and Sharon did a wonderful job of embroidering the blocks and putting this darling quilt together. It is going to the new daughter of our Children's Minister. We were able to get colors to match her room, how cool is that! Here is a view of the whole quilt.

Next is a view of the verse on the top of the quilt...

And a view of the verse at the bottom of the quilt..



The words are stitched with varigated thread and look wonderful in person. Sharon did a great job with it. I love these bible story quilts. What a wonderful way to learn about the bible through the pictures of the stories on the quilt.

11 comments:

Lurline said...

A wonderful Post!
Hugs - Lurline♥

WhiteStone said...

Cool houses. It will be fun to put them together. And I love the Bible story quilt. Reminds me of the old-timey children's quilts.

Kim Brackett said...

Very cute house blocks! Can't wait to see what you do with them. Love the Bible Story quilt, too -- it's precious!

Carol said...

Great houses! Oh I love that baby quilt.

Unknown said...

The pink quilt is precious, she will love it.

The house quilt is always fun, love the colors.

And the finished UFO in the previous post looks amazing. I love the fabrics and colors.

Angela said...

I cant wait to see what you do with your Houses! I am not sure yet how to put mine together... :o)

The baby quilt is beautiful! I am sure it will be loved!

Jan said...

Adorable baby quilt! The house blocks look great. Have fun putting them together.

Jean said...

These houses are cute. I am in a swap right now...we are doing a monthly swap, so only have 2 so far. It is fun and I need to start thinking of how I will do mine, my turn is coming.

Michelle said...

Enjoying browsing thru your blog, I love house blocks and the bible story quilt, what a pecious gift it will be.

limpingalong said...

Loved reading your blog! Thank you for sharing the Bible story quilt. It is special.

Unknown said...

I love the baby quilt. What a great idea.